Early Years Foundation Stage Mrs Arnold & Mrs Swift 2023 - 2024
Hello and Welcome to Reception!
We are the Mossley Reception team Mrs Arnold and Mrs Swift and our lovely teaching assistants Mrs Fox, Miss Bailey, Mrs Clowes and Mrs Dale.
Mrs Arnold Mrs Swift Mrs Fox Miss Bailey Mrs Dale Mrs Clowes
Children's first year in school (Reception class) is the final year of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which children will have begun in Nursery, pre-school or with their childminder.
Our EYFS classrooms provides learning for sixty children. Staffed by two teachers and two teaching assistants, it provides a good adult/child ratio. We have recently had a new outside area fitted (thank you PTA) and the children love nothing more than climbing and playing. We love a 'Walk in the Woods' where can put our wellies on and have fun in our woodland.
Our Curriculum Intent
- establish an environment that is nurturing, stimulating and exciting and one that is full of interesting and challenging potential for learning to take place.
- have a high quality and ambitious curriculum that develops pupil’s interests and enables them to know more and remember more.
- for all children to make excellent progress from their starting points in all areas of learning with a 'good level of development' being achieved by the end of the year.
- deliver a curriculum based on entitlement for all, that considers each pupil’s existing knowledge and experiences, and where the pupils can engage in first hand experiences.
- give pupils opportunities to practise, revise and extend knowledge and skills in a consistent and stable environment.
- enable children to develop characteristics of effective learning, which will enable them to become independent, resourceful and resilient learners now and throughout their education.
- ensure children have a positive, confident attitude to learning and that they are both physically and emotionally ready to learn.
- to build positive and strong relationships with adults and other children so that children’s emotional well-being can thrive, starting with a clear and robust transition programme.
- provide a language and vocabulary-rich ethos and environment which supports Communication and Language, enabling children to build strong foundations for their future learning. A
- put reading at the heart of our curriculum. Children follow the rigorous Fischer Family Trust: Success for all in Phonics program faithfully so that they meet good outcomes for reading. We want children to love books, rhymes, poems and story-telling as much as we do!
In Reception we use the Primary Knowledge Curriculum to help us to plan an exciting year where the children make excellent progress. Our curriculum is ambitious and relevant for our children. Please have a look at our Long Term Plan 2023-2024 and our Autumn 1 medium term plan for what we are learning about now.
We use Class Dojo as a way to share WOW moments with our families and the children love uploading their home learning into their portfolios.
We support home learning through our Chat, Play, Read suggestions each week.
Don't forget to have a look under the Curriculum tab on our Mossley page to find out a little bit more about all things EYFS.
If you have any questions then please send us an email:
Mrs Swift: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Arnold: email@example.com
Files to Download
Early Years Foundation Stage Mrs Arnold & Mrs Swift: News items
There are no News items to display
Early Years Foundation Stage Mrs Arnold & Mrs Swift: Gallery items
Inter House Cross Country, by Mrs Knibbs
Early Years Foundation Stage Mrs Arnold & Mrs Swift: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display